Sunday 19 December 2010

Zelda, A Blast From the past

Of late, life has totally got in the way of living, and so I've been filling in the gaps with metaphorical soul filler as much as possible, a main component of this being the contents of an ominous parcel that arrived from the depths of ebay, although I'm over my addiction of ebay (this is how the majority of low quality and somewhat faulty electronic devices have infiltrated my family home) occasionally its ease to source obscure things rears its convenient yet ugly head (a bit like my uncle). Long story short I now (after 5+ years) am the proud owner of a copy of Windwaker, with the pleasure of playing it having cost me nearly 25 hours of my life. But i forgive it, IT's GORGEOUS to look at, the fairies are not nearly as terrifying as they have been in the last games.
Observe.
This is bloody terrifying... especially with the haunting shriek that accompanies her... i can understand that the graphics used arn't the most flattering, but jesus, that woman, dispite her usefullness and good nature haunts my dreams.
The new Fairies although ,maintaining their odd appearance, and look at least a little more...human, well a bit...
Via Zelda Dungeon
What i love about it is its Artwork, though, both cell shading within the game and the concept art equally so... even the seas waves are a joy to ride, well for the first few hours... if i could even nearly make stuff up like that in my head I'd be eternally happy, riding unicorns and giving raffle prizes to complete strangers.
Via Destructiod
Look at him, he's so feminine happy! The colour palette, even in the darkest dungeons remains flamboyant  throughout, with even the rolling purple smoke that billows from the inner recesses of a slain foe in-captivating me, yes finding treasure in the endless seas gets a tad tedious, and some of the devilishly devised puzzles have left me shouting abuse at me obsolete console, but overall I'm loving the experience that is playing this game :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment